SHOW NOTES :
- “Nothing terrifies me more than an app with no moral conscience in the desperate pursuit of revenue that has full access to everything on my phone: contacts, address book, pictures, email, auth tokens, you name it. I'm not excited by the prospect of installing an app on my phone these days. It's more like a vague sense of impending dread, with my finger shakily hovering over the uninstall button the whole time. All I can think is what shitty thing is this "free" app going to do to me so they can satisfy their investors?”
- Jeff Atwood - Coding Horror: "App-pocalypse Now"
- Relationship to time
- Sharing Economy -- Weak Tie Economy?
- Code of Conduct at conferences?
- “This will be the year that humanity will go on trial” - Chris
- “Many of the people that complain about it are the ones that it affects the least”
- 85 people in the world have more money than poorest 3.5 billion people
- “I’m kinda happy I’m gay only because it gives me a card” - Chris
- Mythbusters guy on The Moth - Talking to My Kids About Sex in the Internet Age
- Model View Culture
- Marginalized folks - uncomfortability - validate and move on?
- Linkedin finally introduced blocking
- “I’m like everybody’s gay lover at a republican convention” -Chris
- TSA detains blogger after discovering bitcoin in his luggage
- Are tech blogs getting boring?
- EXCITING GUESTS COMING UP
WORD OF THE WEEK :
The Sharing Economy: A term used to describe an economic model based on sharing, swapping, bartering, trading or renting access to products as opposed to ownership.
ex: Airbnb, Lyft, etc