SHOW NOTES :
- Sara's discussed article in the Atlantic- Data Doppelgängers and the Uncanny Valley of Personalization
- Paying with Data - SXSW panel - Google, Facebook, etc. is not free, we pay w/ data
- Technology critic?
- “The electronic age, by creating instant involvement of each of us in all people, has begun to re-pattern the very nature of identity” - Marshall McCluhan
- Targeted ads
- "It’s not the consumerization of the enterprise it’s the corporatization of the individual" - Klint
WORD OF THE WEEK :
Doppelgänger : In fiction and folklore, a doppelgänger is a look-alike or double of a living person who is sometimes portrayed as a harbinger of bad luck. In some traditions, a doppelgänger seen by a person's relative or friend portends illness or danger while seeing one's own doppelgänger is said to be an omen of death.
In contemporary vernacular, the word doppelgänger is often used in a more general sense to identify any person that physically or perhaps even behaviorally resembles another person.
TWEET OF THE WEEK :
- Cyborg Camp - Oct 2 - MIT Media Lab // Boston
- Buddhist Geeks Conference - Oct 16 - Boulder
- El Ser Creativo - Nov 13, 2014 - Madrid
- TeliaSonera M2M Symposium - 2014, Stockholm Sweden
THANK YOU / FIND US :