I’m an associate professor at the Olin College of Engineering. I’m interested in making engineering education better: as well as teaching materials science and engineering design, I research the engineering student experience and I work with other engineering schools to help their faculty design new educational experiences. I also facilitate workshops around gender and technology. My engineering background is in biological and biomedical materials. And I’m usually working on some side projects that reflect my other interests.
I like talking to people and helping them learn, through presentations and workshops or just sitting down over a cup of coffee.
SHOW NOTES :
- Deb's newsletter: Metafoundry
- Web 1.0 conference in Portland
- Olin College
- Colletes Inaequalis the digging bees
- Jerry Rozen the bee man
- Can Bees Make Tupperware? from Scientific American
- Gorilla Glass
- Why I Am Not a Maker by Deb
- Programmers: Stop Calling Yourselves Engineers by Ian Bogost
- Ritual Calling of the Engineer
- Northstar compass implant
THANK YOU / FIND US :